41. Human ear is most sensitive to noise in which of the following ranges:
UGC-NET&SET-PAPER-1(2008-JUNE) MODEL PAPER-99
(A) 1 - 2 KHz
(B) 100 - 500 Hz
(C) 10 - 12 KHz
(D) 2 - 5 KHz
42. Which one of the following units is used to measure intensity of noise?
43. If the population growth follows a logistic curve, the maximum sustainable yield:
(A) is equal to half the carrying capacity.
(B) is equal to the carrying capacity.
(C) depends on growth rates.
(D) depends on the initial population.
44. Chemical weathering of rocks is largely dependent upon:
(A) high temperature
(B) strong wind action
(C) heavy rainfall
45. Structure of earth’s system consists of the following:
Match List-I with List-Il and give the correct answer.
List-I (Zone) List-li (Chemical Character)
(a) Atmosphere (i) Inert gases
(b) Biosphere (ii) Salt, fresh water, snow and ice
(c) Hydrosphere (iii) Organic substances, skeleton matter
(d) Lithosphere (iv) Light silicates
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (ii) (iii) (i) (iv)
(B) (i) (iii) (ii) (iv)
(C) (ii) (i) (iii) (iv)
(D) (iii) (i) (ii) (iv)
46. NAAC is an autonomous institution under the aegis of:
47. National Council for Women’s Education was established in:
48. Which one of the following is not situated in New Delhi?
(A) Indian Council of Cultural Relations
(B) Indian Council of Scientific Research
(C) National Council of Educational Research and Training
(D) Indian Institute of Advanced Studies
49. Autonomy in higher education implies freedom in:
(D) Curriculum development
50. Match List-I with List-Il and select the correct answer from the code given below:
List-I (institutions) List-Il (Locations)
(a) Dr. Hari Singh Gour University (i) Mumbai
(b) S.N.D.T. University (ii) Baroda
(c) M.S. University (iii) Jodhpur
(d) J.N. Vyas University (iv) Sagar
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) (iv) (i) (ii) (iii)
(B) (i) (ii) (iii) (iv)
(C) (iii) (i) (ii) (iv)
(D) (ii) (iv) (i) (iii)