11. Which of the following statements are correct in respect of Niti Aayog?
(a) It is a constitutional body. (b) It is a statutory body. (c) It is neither a constitutional body nor a statutory body. (d) It is a think-tank. Select the correct answer from the codes given below: (A) (a) and (d) (B) (b) and (d) (C) (c) and (d) (D) (b), (c) and (d)
12. Which of the following core value among the institutions of higher education are promoted by the NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council)? (a) Contributing to national development. (b) Fostering global competencies among the students. (c) Inculcating a value system among students. (d) Promoting the optimum utilization of the infrastructure. Select the correct answer from the codes given below: Codes: (A) (b), (c) and (d) (B) (a), (b) and (c) (C) (a), (c) and (d) (D) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
13. The best way for providing value education is through (A) discussions on scriptural texts (B) lecture/discourses on values (C) seminars/symposia on values (D) mentoring/reflective sessions on values
14. The National Judicial Appointments Commission (NJAC) has been declared unconstitutional by (A) The Supreme Court of India (B) The High Court (C) The High Court and the Supreme Court both (D) The President of India
15. Which set of learner characteristics may be considered helpful in designing effective teaching-learning systems? Select the correct alternative from the codes given below: (i) Prior experience of learners in respect of the subject. (ii) Interpersonal relationships of learner’s family friends. (iii) Ability of the learners in respect of the subject. (iv) Student’s language background. (v) Interest of students in following the prescribed dress code. (vi) Motivational-orientation of the students. Codes: (A) (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) (B) (i), (iii), (iv) and (vi) (C) (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) (D) (iii), (iv), (v) and (vi)
16. A college level assistant professor has planned his/her lectures with an intent to develop cognitive dimensions of students centered on skills of analysis and synthesis. Below, given are two sets of items Set - I consisting of levels of cognitive interchange and Set - II comprising basic requirements for promoting them. Match the two sets and indicate your answer by choosing the correct alternative from the code: Set - I Set - II (Levels of Cognitive (Basic requirements for promoting Interchange) cognitive interchange) a. Memory level i. Giving opportunity for discriminating examples and non-examples of a point. b. Understanding level ii. Recording the important points made during the presentations. c. Reflective level iii. Asking the students to discuss various items of information. iv. Critically analyzing the points to be made and discussed. Codes: a b c (A) ii iv i (B) iii iv ii (C) ii i iv (D) i ii iii
17. Match the items of the first set with that of the second set in respect of evaluation system. Choose the correct code: Set - I Set - II a. Formative evaluation i. Evaluating cognitive and co-cognitive aspects with regularity b. Summative evaluation ii. Tests and their interpretations based on a group and certain yardsticks c. Continuous and comprehensive iii. Grading the final learning outcomes evaluation d. Norm and criterion referenced iv. Quizzes and discussions tests Codes: a b c d (A) iv iii i ii (B) i ii iii iv (C) iii iv ii i (D) i iii iv ii
18. Select the alternative which consists of positive factors contributing to effectiveness of teaching: List of factors: (a) Teacher’s knowledge of the subject. (b) Teacher’s socio-economic background. (c) Communication skill of the teacher. (d) Teacher’s ability to please the students. (e) Teacher’s personal contact with students. (f) Teacher’s competence in managing and monitoring the classroom transactions. Codes: (A) (b), (c) and (d) (B) (c), (d) and (f) (C) (b), (d) and (e) (D) (a), (c) and (f)
19. The use of teaching aids is justified on the grounds of (A) Attracting student’s attention in the class room. (B) Minimizing indiscipline problems in the classroom. (C) Optimizing learning outcomes of students. (D) Effective engagement of students in learning tasks.
20. Assertion (A): The purpose of higher education is to promote critical and creative thinking abilities among students. Reason (R): These abilities ensure job placements. Choose the correct answer from the following code: (A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) is the correct explanation of (A). (B) Both (A) and (R) are true but (R) is not the correct explanation of (A). (C) (A) is true and (R) is false. (D) (A) is false and (R) is true.