UGC-NET&SET-PAPER-1(2008-JUNE) MODEL PAPER-9831. Which one of the following is the most comprehensive source of population data?
(A) National Family Health Surveys
(B) National Sample Surveys
(D) Demographic Health Surveys
32. Which one of the following principles is not applicable to sampling?
(A) Sample units must be clearly defined
(B) Sample units must be dependent on each other
(C) Same units of sample should be used throughout the study
(D) Sample units must be chosen in a systematic and objective manner
33. If January 1st, 2007 is Monday, what was the day on 1st January 1995?
34. Insert the missing number in the following series:
4 16 8 64 ? 256
35. If an article is sold for Rs. 178 at a loss of 11%; what would be its selling price in order to earn a profit of 11% ?
(A) Rs. 222.50
(B) Rs. 267
(C) Rs. 222
(D) Rs. 220
36. WYSIWYG - describes the display of a document on screen as it will actually print:
(A) What you state is what you get
(B) What you see is what you get
(C) What you save is what you get
(D) What you suggest is what you get
37. Which of the following is not a Computer language?
38. A key-board has at least:
(A) 91 keys
(B) 101 keys
(C) 111 keys
(D) 121 keys
39. An E-mail address is composed of:
(A) two parts
(B) three parts
(C) four parts
(D) five parts
40. Corel Draw is a popular:
(A) Illustration programme
(B) Programming language
(C) Text programme
(D) None of the above