31. Deductive argument involves
UGC-NET&SET-PAPER-1(2009-DEC) MODEL PAPER-82
(A) sufficient evidence
(B) critical thinking
(C) seeing logical relations
(D) repeated observation
32. Inductive reasoning is based on or presupposes
(A) uniformity of nature
(B) God created the world
(C) unity of nature
(D) laws of nature
33. To be critical, thinking must be
(B) socially relevant
(C) individually satisfying
34. Which of the following is an analogous statement?
(A) Man is like God
(B) God is great
(C) Gandhiji is the Father of the Nation
(D) Man is a rational being.
Questions from 35 - 36 are based on the following diagram in which there are three intersecting circles. H representing The Hindu, I representing Indian Express and T representing The Times of India. A total of 50 persons were surveyed and the number in the Venn diagram indicates the number of persons reading the newspapers.
35. How many persons would be reading at least two newspapers?
36. How many persons would be reading almost two newspapers?
37. Which of the following graphs does not represent regular (periodic) behavior of the variable f(t)?
38. In which year total number of patients registered in hospital X and hospital Y was the maximum?
39. What is the maximum dispersion in the registration of patients in the two hospitals in a year?
40. In which year there was maximum decrease in registration of patients in hospital X?