UGC-NET&SET-PAPER-1(2016- JULY)MODEL PAPER-135The following table shows the percentage profit (%) earned by two companies A and B during the years 2011-15. Answer questions 51-53 based on the data contained in the table:
Year Percentage Profit (%)
2011 20 30
2012 35 40
2013 45 35
2014 40 50
2015 25 35
Where, percent (%) Profit = (IncomeExpenditure)/Expenditure ×100
51. If the total expenditure of the two companies was Rs.9 lakh in the year 2012 and the expenditure of A and B were in the ratio2:1, then what was the income of the company A in that year?
(A) Rs.9.2 lakh
(B) Rs.8.1 lakh
(C) Rs.7.2 lakh
(D) Rs.6.0 lakh
52. What is the average percentage profit earned by the company B?
53. In which year, the percentage profit earned by the company B is less than that of company A?
The following table shows the number of people in different age groups who responded to a survey about their favourite style of music. Use this information to answer the questions that follow: (Question 54-56) to the nearest whole percentage:
54. Approximately what percentage of the total sample were aged 21-30?
55. Approximately what percentage of the total sample indicates that Hip-Hop is their favourite style of music?
56. What percentage of respondents aged 31+ indicated a favourite style other than classical music?
57. An unsolicited e-mail message sent to many recipient at once is a
58. The statement “the study, design, development, implementation, support or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer Hardware” refers to
(A) Information Technology (IT)
(B) Information and Collaborative Technology (ICT)
(C) Information and Data Technology (IDT)
(D) Artificial Intelligence (AI)
59. If the binary equivalent of the decimal number 48 is 110000, then the binary equivalent of the decimal number 51 is given by
60. The process of copying files to a CD-ROM is known as