21. The population of India is about 1.2 billion. Take the average consumption of energy per person per year in India as 30 Mega Joules. If this consumption is met by carbon based fuels and the rate of carbon emissions per kilojoule is l5 x I06 kgs, the total carbon emissions per year from India will be
(A) 54 million metric tons
(B) 540 million metric tons
(C) 5400 million metric tons
(D) 2400 million metric tons
22. The National Disaster Management Authority functions under the Union Ministry of
(B) Water Resources
(C) Home Affairs
23. Match List - I and List - II and select the correct answer from the codes given below:
List – I List - II
a. Flood 1. Lack of rainfall of sufficient duration
b. Drought 2. Tremors produced by the passage of vibratory waves through the rocks of the earth
c. Earthquake 3. A vent through which molted substances come out
d. Volcano 4. Excess rain and uneven distribution of water
a b c d
(A) 4 1 2 3
(B) 2 3 4 1
(C) 3 4 2 1
(D) 4 3 1 2
24. Which one of the following green house gases has the shortest residence time in the atmosphere?
(B) Carbon dioxide
(D) Nitrous oxide
25. In order to avoid catastrophic consequences of climate change, there is general agreement among the countries of the world to limit the rise in average surface temperature of earth compared to that of pre-industrial times by
(A) 1.5 oC to 2 oC
(B) 2.0 oC to 3.5 oC
(C) 0.5 oC to 1.0 oC
(D) 0.25 oC to 0.5 oC
26. Who among the following is the defacto executive head of the Planning Commission?
(B) Deputy Chairman
(C) Minister of State for Planning
(D) Member Secretary
27. Education as a subject of legislation figures in the
(A) Union List
(B) State List
(C) Concurrent List
(D) Residuary Powers
28. Which of the following are Central Universities?
1. Pondicherry University
2. Vishwa Bharati
3. H.N.B. Garhwal University
4. Kurukshetra University
Select the correct answer from the code given below:
(A) 1, 2 and 3
(B) 1, 3 and 4
(C) 2, 3 and 4
(D) 1, 2 and 4
29. Consider the following statements and select the correct answer from the code given below:
i. Rajasthan receives the highest solar radiation in the country.
ii. India has the fifth largest installed wind power in the world.
iii. The maximum amount of wind power is contributed by Tamil Nadu.
iv. The primary source of uranium in India is Jaduguda.
(A) i and ii
(B) i, ii and iii
(C) ii and iii
(D) i and iv
30. Which of the following universities has adopted the meta university concept?
(A) Assam University
(B) Delhi University
(C) Hyderabad University
(D) Pondicherry University