1. Which of the following represents one billion characters?
2. The factors which are most important in determining the impact of anthropogenic activities on environment are:
(A) Population, forest cover and land available per person
(B) Population, affluence per person, land available per person
(C) Population, affluence per person and the technology used for exploiting resources
(D) Atmospheric conditions, population and forest cover
3. Which one of the following represents the binary equivalent of the decimal number 25?
4. The University Grants Commission was established with which of the following aims?
(a) Promotion of research and development in higher education
(b) Identifying and sustaining institutions of potential learning
(c) Capacity building of teachers
(d) Providing, autonomy to each and every higher educational institution in India
Select the correct answer from the codes given below:
(A) (a), (b) and (d)
(B) (a), (b), (c) and (d)
(C) (a), (b) and (c)
(D) (b), (c) and (d)
5. The session of the parliament is summoned by:
(A) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha and the Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
(B) The President
(C) The Prime Minister
(D) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha
6. India's contribution to total global carbon dioxide emissions is about:
7. In which of the countries per capita use of water is maximum?
(C) European Union
8. Encoding or scrambling data for transmission across a network is known as:
9. Civil Service Day is celebrated in India on:
(A) 7th July
(B) 21st April
(C) 24th April
(D) 21st June
10. The South Asia University is situated in the city of:
(D) New Delhi